Friday, November 16, 2007

Chapter 3, Page 27 I hate math



This is a stand alone episode, but it connects to the main plot in that it serves as a reminder of why Mary's home schooled.

Out of fairness, I should mention that the entire flashback involves a single teacher. Mary's third grade math teacher to be precise. She appeared is another short flashback here.

Why someone like this was ever allowed to teach children is beyond me. What's crazier is that Mary was apparently the only kid she picked on. At least, when Mary begged her home room teacher to take her out of that class, other students said that the math teacher wasn't as bad as Mary said.

In any case, this is the only teacher to scare the bejabbers out of Mary. (She was a little afraid of one of the sixth grade teachers, but only because he was somewhat intimidating.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of my first grade english teacher. Ever been threaten to be sent back to kindergarten?

Brigid said...

I kinda wish I had been. Given how much energy I put into trying to flunk kindergarten it was rather disappointing when I went on to first grade.

Journo-SEAL said...

Oh, man. Why did you have to remind me? :s

Brigid said...

@Journo: What, you too? I guess there's at least one nasty teacher in every school.

Journo-SEAL said...

Uh, I mean about math. Freezing up and having people yell at you for being so slow.

Although, to be fair, I did have a few encounters with mean teachers.